9/16/14

Tutorial Tuesday - soft and tasty post hospital diet

Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Brown Butter
Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Brown Butter

I've been a bit overwhelmed since last week, so this is going to be a speedy (and recipe heavy) DIY day. My husband was in the hospital but is back home and recovering smoothly. His awesome docs have ordered a soft-ish diet for a while. If it were for me, I'd just make a lot of puree'd soups (I do love soup and am a lazy cook when it is just for me.) But hubby is a foodie, so I've been trying to keep it interesting. Here are a few of the past week's successes. Click the captions to see full recipes. Warning, they are not the healthiest fat-wise, but that isn't our priority at the moment.

Baked Tilapia with Fresh Herbs
Baked Tilapia with Fresh Herbs

I did make some changes to the fish recipe. I lined the pan with foil drizzled with olive oil for easy clean up. This works with any white fish. We've also had success with flounder and cod. Do not use mayo. Simply drizzle the fish with olive oil (or softened butter if you prefer). This recipe is foolproof and also works with a variety of herbs. However I use 2-3 times the amount of herbs called for.

Spinach Bouillabaisse


Like I said earlier, I love soup. This is one of my go-to faves anyway. Loaded with iron and protein too, so that has to be good, right?

Mango Ice Cream
Mango Icecream

And you've got to have something sweet when feeling poorly! With temps in the high 80s here in Tampa, ice cream can soothe just about everything.

Do you have any favorite soft and mild recipes? Or a go-to when your tummy is feeling low? Please share. I am always looking for new ideas.

----------------------

By the way, there is a tiny bit of time left to enter my 9/18 random drawing and almost no entries, so that makes great odds for you! 2 lucky winners will take home some nature art. Click Here to See Prizes and details. To enter, leave a comment on the blog before 1 a.m. (EST) on 9/18.

2 comments: