6/26/13

WOYWW - pyrography tattoos & sea monsters

Whaddya know - it is What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday! I'm still tinkering with items for the steampunk undersea cabinet of curiosities. 


Today I'm coloring  in this wooden artist hand with beasties inspired by Jules Verne's classic book Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea.


"The monster did exist, and he had sworn to rid the seas of it."


Photo below was taken before coloring. I like to use a wood burning tool to draw the lines first.


Next up will be some armor and accessories for this sculpey mermaid.


... and she glows in the dark!


Thanks for checking out my desk. Want to share what you are playing with? Or get a peek at other folk's works in progress? Hop on over to the Stamping Ground blog where you will find links to all kinds of crafty goodness.

------------

Before you go - leave a comment to be entered into a random drawing for a $50 gift certificate to Novica.com. Winner to be selected on 6/30. (Please leave an email address if it isn't in your profile. Novica needs this to issue the gift certificate.)

Want a second entry? Click here to find out how to get your name in the hat twice. You'll also find more info about Novica with links to all sorts of goodies.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey! Thanks for stopping by earlier. What a cool hand with an awesome theme! I LOVE it!!!! And a glow in the dark mermaid, WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing. I keep going back up and looking at the hand. What imagination! Rasz #127

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome stuff you're making. I ansolutely love the glow in the dark mermaid! Keep up the good work - Lucy #37 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and have a great week

    Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, Happy WOYWW!

    Thanks for dropping by my space, and the strawberry was very juicy and nice but could have been a little sweeter if I left it longer. The ants were also checking it out so I picked it maybe a little sooner than I would have done, and now there are 4 more nearly ready. It is taking so long even in the greenhouse!

    Wow you undersea stuff sounds fascinating, I will have to look around. A wooden hand and glow in the dark mermaid, well that is so different!

    Cazzy x #133

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wooden hand is freakin' fabulous!! LOVE IT!!! Have a creative week! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating project ! Ali #34

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day Stacey
    Just dropping by late for WOYWW...I'm always late! My first visit to you...wow love the wooden hand...awesome and great glow in the dark mermaid too :o)
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lost for words, amazing.
    Karen #77

    ReplyDelete
  9. A glow in the dark mermaid! That's something you don't see very often! Love the hand, Jules Verne wrote amazing books considering the period he was writing in. The tidiness of my desk doesn't bother Julia, she's used to that, it's my off season crafting that gets her going each time! It's very funny, sometimes I put Christmas on my desk even if I'm not working on it just to see her reaction, lol!!

    Hugs
    Brenda 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - loving the artist hand. And so cool that the mermaid glows in the dark. :-) April #138

    ReplyDelete