10/5/12

Illustration Friday - Mirror

telescoping mirror with miniature eye painting

Mirror is the new prompt from IllustrationFriday.com this week.  Another inspiring one! 

I'm disappointed that I haven't had time to make anything the last few weeks... and this one looks no better. So, I'm cheating & sharing this old mixed media altered mirror.


The mini eye is painted with acrylics, ink and metallic paint. It is secured to a telescoping mirror. These were a lot of fun to make (& play with). Pretty sure I have another unaltered one around here - I'll have to keep an eye out while sorting through the scary mess of my art room.


Well, time to run. Hope you have a wonderful weekend & if you are inspired by "mirror", be sure to  share your creation with everyone over at Illustration Friday.

You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul. - George Bernard Shaw

---------------

By the way, have you entered the latest random drawing for 100 custom printed postcards from PrintRunner? Leave a comment before 10/18 to enter (US residents only, sorry international folks). Click here for details

1 comment: