7/30/11

Illustration Friday - Obsession

Dark Obsession

The creative habit is like a drug. 
The particular obsession changes, 
but the excitement, the thrill of your creation lasts.
- Henry Moore

I am soooo loving IllustrationFriday's new prompt, Obsession. No time to play today, so I dug up this oldie from 20 years ago - yikes, has it been that long? 

I admit, obsession drives much my life and art. I'm one of those people who really falls for an author or topic and immediately reads every book in the seriesI'll do the same with a new technique or quirky idea.

Cure for an obsession: get another one. - Mason Cooley 

Subjects also simmer in the background, resurfacing long after I thought I'd gone beyond them.  The creepy fellow above popped up a few years ago in this cut paper ACEO. It is mounted on a base of red reflective paper.


Dark Obsession ACEO at ArtSnark.etsy.com

What is your latest obsession? Post a doodle online & link it over at IllustrationFriday.com - while you are there, click around & see what everyone else is fixating on this week.

3 comments:

  1. Great great great.

    I'm doing a couple this time. You know - it's obsessive. ;)

    Too many things to cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My latest is wild grasses and sugar free salt water taffy. How's that for a mix!! Ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessions: art techniques...can't get enough...

    Love you blog and work!

    ReplyDelete