10/1/10

IF - Beneath

Waking The Witch- 18" x 20" pencil,watercolor & pitt pens

I was listening to Kate Bush today ( "...there's something....moving under...." ) when this fun prompt came in from Illustration Friday. The combo sent me back many years to a series of dreams featuring a creature I labeled The Sea Witch. I thought about making a cool digital collage, but since I haven't sketched in ages I decided to pull out some long neglected watercolor paper.

 

Haven't decided if it is worth listing  in my ArtSnark etsy shop. What do you think? The photo is a bit crap - doesn't show the colors in the eyes & lips at all. And I always have a hard time shooting the bumpy papers.... Of course it just sits around here collecting dust otherwise.


If you have a few minutes, pop on over to Illustration Friday & see how others interpret Beneath.  Feeling inspired? Add your own piece! Please let me know if you do. I'd love to see it.

-------

By the way, leaving a comment enters you in the 10/14 random drawing for a "Spooky Steampunk Bag of Awesome" from one of my favorite artist's Myke Amend. Prize ships free worldwide. Click here for more info & learn about Myke's newest collaborative multi-media project, Circa Acirca.

14 comments:

  1. nice illo - great colors and movement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors on this...super pop...and for the record your profile picture is really awesome...nice design...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've got all the colours to work together to create this piece. :)

    Ps. thanks for your comment on my 'beneath' image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool witch, love her colors and expression.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice piece...both your art work and the song!!
    Wonderful!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour palette, wonderfully wacky take on the prompt. Love it! Definitely list it on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow Stacey!!! this is spectacular!!! what a great piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Stacey!!! this is spectacular!!! what a great piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful imagery, especially the eyes. Great illustration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! And I LOVE your Wednesday umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool, I love Kate Bush, especially this album. You've captured the imagery precisely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Stacey this is amazing imagery! Love the lines and colors. Very cool!! Great expression as well. Hey thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete