4/20/10

Random Thoughts Tuesday - Bit o art & other treats


A bit of a drive by today. I keep tripping over great stuff on the web & then forget to post it. Thank goodness for Random Tuesday Thoughts:


When you've finished playing around here, click through to The UnMom & all of her chaotic linky goodness. Feeling random? Be sure to add your own link while you're there.

1st up, I just love Art Is Hard by Anji Johnston. (I get that deer in the headlights look every time I look at a blank canvas.) You can see more of Anji's art over at her blog, Distractions.

I am completely smitten by the delicate jewelry over at lilyja on Etsy. The rings are custom made to your size. And this necklace is simply breathtaking:

As always, click on any pic for more info.

Remember Steve Loya? He stopped by in January for an artist feature & studio tour. Due to popular demand he has started selling 11" x 14" prints of his drawings & paintings in his etsy shop, GoFlyingTurtle. Priced at $25 each, these are a steal! You can read more about the prints on his blog, also called GoFlyingTurtle.

I recently heard from another Featured Artist, Ronald Ceuppens of Fleurographie on Etsy. (He walked us through his 2 studios last October for Studio Tour #10. ) This Belgian artist will have his wonderful work at Art Chicago 2010 from April 30 - May 3. He's being represented by the Amstel Gallery from the Netherlands. I sure wish Florida was closer to Chicago!

Sobriquette by Ramona Szczerba (a.k.a. Winona Cookie)

Have you entered Winona Cookie's random drawings yet?

On 4/22 two winners will get their choice of steampunk art pendant. Click here for details & contest rules & photos.

On 5/1, another lucky winner (randomly selected from those who comment on this blog between now & then) will take home the original paper puppet Boron The Robot. You can read more about Boron & the Winona Cookie Studio here. Both contests are open to USA & Canada addresses only.

And on a final note today - This is just so trippy I had to share. Found over at QuoteTheRaivyn when I visited on Musical Monday:

7 comments:

  1. Great RTT and some really good links! That necklace is amazing!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, you found some good stuff!!! I love the Art is Hard piece! I've so been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some cool art. I love the bracelet.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/maybe-larry-should-hook-up-with-liz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a ton for the shout out! Btw, love this incredibly bad video. Funny thing is, this stuff is very much "in" right now (see Dan Deacon's "Crystal Cat" video, or anything from Wham City).

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little girl's face said it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for plugging my work 'art is hard'! I really do appreciate it. Love your blog and your generosity. You rock! (unlike that really bad video!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you lived closer to Chicago, I would totally go with you to that art show! As it is, with the kids and the husband, I probably won't make it. :(

    ReplyDelete