8/6/09

Notes from CHA & Today’s Winner

Oops –meant to put up some pics of the craft show last night but fell asleep while reading the little guy his bedtime story. Guess I was more tired than I realized.

The show was full of crafting “personalities”. I confess that I know nothing about the crafty celebrity stuff so it was interesting to go home & Google some of the cool people who took the time to talk to me.


1st person I talked with was Suze Weinberg, of Schmooze with Suze. She was demonstrating her Hot Wax Stylus at the Kandi booth. I’ve been interested in playing with encaustics for a while. Suze kindly answered my questions & I ended up with a great deal on the stylus & several packs of colored wax. I can’t wait to pencil in some playtime with this! You can read more about Suze at SuzeBlogz.

Tandy Leather Factory had some amazing samples of leather work. Loved the intricately carved patterns on the purses. I learned that there was a Tandy Leather Factory Store near me and that they have free classes. Lucky me! Learning more about working with leather has been on my to do list forever, so I’m pretty excited.

The Plaid booth was getting a lot of attention. They were promoting several products including Simply Screen & Extreme Glitter.

The Simply Screen Make & Take was hugely popular with long lines at all times. I watched a couple of people creating some really fun T-shirt designs. Literally just position the stencil, paint & voila. Clicking the pic will take you to the promo page. There you can download a flyer with more info.

The Extreme Glitter was really cool. My photo & the ones on their site don’t really do it justice. Just paint it on to get a sparkly metallic sheen without the crumbly clutter of glitter. I immediately saw the steampunk potential. Also great for holiday decorations. They were offering make & takes of glass ornaments. You simply pour a bit of the paint into the ornament & then swirl until the inside is completely coated. Once it dries, you get a great sparkly look.

Donna Dewberry arrived to demo painting on the outside of the ornament. The crowd started to get a bit thick for me so I moved on. You can read more about Donna & her painting techniques at Donna Dewberry Crafts.

Well, I’ve got lots more to share, but I bet you guys are really here to find out who won Today’s Random Drawing. Random.org has spoken & the lucky winner the Super show swag tote bag is Moni !


Congrats, Moni!
I’ll contact you today for your shipping info.

Many thanks to all who left a comment. I love hosting these giveaways – You guys are so much fun!

Next Thursday’s prize is posted HERE. Click through & then leave a comment anytime during the week to enter the next random drawing.

5 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the pics and reading your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!!! I want to go to a craft show too but I don't know if we have them here. Maybe in Stockholm. I'm interested to see what you do with the encaustic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...thanks so much for posting that nice picture....I think its time to stop the self tanner...I look like I come from Aruba !!! LOL
    Enjoy the stylus !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks like a blast! I always seem to miss the CHA shows when they come to town here. One of these days...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH it looks like you had a great time at the show. Lots of interesting stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete