4/14/09

ABC...Lr...M? Must be Random Thoughts Tuesday

randomtuesday

My blogging groove has slipped a bit the last couple of weeks. So it's a Quick & Linky drive-by posting today.....What is with all that life stuff, trying to get in the way ??

A is for ..... Art Students (Happy Birthday Robert Doisneau - where would all those dorm room walls be without your famous Kiss by the Hôtel de Ville or photos of Picasso??)

Also see some fun student pieces at Artsonia. Their blurb states: "Artsonia is the largest student art museum in the world! Our dream is that every child will have an online art gallery, preserving their masterpieces for all time!" I've only just peeked in but it looks like a cool place

B is for..... Books. Been playing with some more altered journal covers a bit but nothing finished yet. In the meantime, TotusMel's Wonderkammer has featured some very cool books today. Many of my Melange teammates have been creating stunning journals too - these are mostly blank books with fantastically altered covers. Type "Melange team Books " into Etsy.com search or just click HERE.

C is for....C'mon! It isn't Friday yet?! (or cop-out depending on your mood)

Lr (formerly Lw) is for.... Lawrencium (man made element 103) produced in the US in 1961 today. I have no idea what I'm talking about but you can read all kinds of wacky smarty-pants stuff at Today in Science History

LR is also the multi-talented artist & costume designer Lorraine Reynolds. Visit her awesome etsy shop, glimmeringprize & her blog to see what she's up to next

M is for.... Man, I Missed Monday's Muse (again).My excuse: I got sucked into Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book last night - fun read! As a kid, I loved Edward Gorey & Alfred Hitchcock. This would have found a place on my bookshelf, probably beside my well worn copy of Bradbury's The Halloween Tree

For Tuesday posts more far interesting than mine, pop over The Un Mom to see what she & her loyal followers have been up to lately.

The Un Mom

7 comments:

  1. I vote that tomorrow should be Friday. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Picasso too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you at Monday's Muse ;) But your excuse is a great one. I'd give up a lot of things to read Gaiman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love that tomorrow should be Friday...show all hands that agree...right...that's a majority...tomorrow's now Friday...if other's don't know this don't get in a tizz trying to explain just do your Friday thing and then head on out that door at closing time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Edward Gorey illustrations! I have read his books, however. Today Friday really is tomorrow! I've really gotten behind on my commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say I haven't read Gorey's books. Need...more...coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to see your altered journal covers.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete