3/8/09

Sneak Peek- My little house

Someday is not a day of the week ~Author Unknown
I should tattoo this to my forehead - in reverse of course ;D

After a major attack of Duh, a couple of ugly blunders, 2 dying printers & an inordinate amount of procrastinating ....FINITO. Sheesh! To quote that learned sage Anonymous once more: If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done.

While fussing over partners for the Hot House Flower - I (thankfully) got a clue...hot house...wildfire charity...duhuhuha...my Freudian slip was showing (again). Really, I'm not tacky on purpose...I just let my subconscious take over more than I should. Thought I was channeling this whole Spicy Diva/Orchid kind of theme...nahhh

Ok. Searched thru the hundreds of unprinted images I've hidden in the computer & found a piece I made for ZNE Verses last year. I'd digitally collaged a charcoal drawing from 20+ yrs ago with a couple of my photos & a leaf skeleton to accompany a St Patrick's Day poem. Resized the piece to house specs and ...nothin....printers died. Back burner time.


Unfortunately "the back burner" is code for no man's land in this studio. Finally got it together, printed, cut, pasted, painted, drawn over & scribbled on.. Coated with UV resistant finish, felted bottom & .....hated it. Too clean. More scribbles, a couple small tears, sandpapered & grungy markers on edges and....blah...but so overdue I'm calling it done. Will photo sides in the sun tomorrow (note to self: get better lighting) and submit to the OzBushfireAppeal shop.



6 comments:

  1. I like this! It's a completely different feel from the other houses so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These houses are so cool! I love the whole idea :o)
    I also wanted to let you know I tagged you with the KReATIV Bloggers Award...Just go to my blog and check out the rules...Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome houses Stacey! The man reminds me a little of the lead singer of the '80s group A Ha. {"Take On Me"}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting this done...know how it is...I really like it...it's different...modern...mine's up for sale now...am thinkin it's probably a bit festive for the occasion....but...it's done now!

    ReplyDelete