1/21/09

Danger Will Robinson! Retro Robots,Poladroids & Pocketwatches!



My Random Tuesday is so arbitrary I'm writing it Wednesday!


Did you ever watch the old TV show Lost in Space?
Publicity photo © CBS
I used to race home to catch the reruns after school. Man, I loved that show. Dr Smith & the Robot were my favorites. Found out today that Bob May, the guy inside the robot suit (remember those crazy arms waving all over the place), just passed away. If you'd like to know more about Mr May, click here © CBS via Photofest

If you're craving your own B-9 robot ( and have 24k just lying around), these are very cool. Or you could build your own with help from these guys

I was obsessed with obituaries as a kid. Why? Just always like reading them, I guess. Though I don't seek obits out anymore, I seem to stumble onto them lately. Guess I'm old enough now that I get an "ending of an era" kind of feeling. I dunno....

Subject(ive) shift: Thanks to fabulous artist Melissa Nucera over at JanuaryWish.com . She blogged about Poladroid last week. Love it! Download the free software here to turn back the clock on your new pics & give them that cool 70s flair. Be patient tho, cuz they take a few minutes to "develop"- just like the real thing.

I highly recommend Melissa's wonderful etsy shop This years girl when you get a minute.

Our time traveling continues: I'm going through my "collections" (or piles or crap - all depends on who you ask). Decided to start scanning before destashing - Hey! At least hoarding images takes up less space! Here are a couple of pocket watch scans for your use. Now I don't really know what I'm doing, so if you can't access them or they're to fuzzy or something, please let me know & I'll try to fix

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free images... \ you know I am all about free images for use. I will let you know how they turn out when I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, gorgeous watches.

    You ARE random ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your "Get Well Wishes"! I am feeling so much better! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pocket watches! We bought some as grooms men gifts at our wedding. Not as cool as antique ones, but it's the thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images! Yes I remember Lost In Space-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I used to watch that show and was surprised to learn of his death.

    ReplyDelete