11/19/08

A Day Of Sharing Words


"I seem to have been like a child playing on the sea shore, finding now and then a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay undiscovered before me."
-- Sir Isaac Newton

11:30pm

I was just about to call it a day. Made a quick stop at 1 of my favorite blogs Paper Mischief for some dreamy inspiration. Shelly had matched a lovely photo & with inspiring words from the poet Amy Lowell (whom I'd not heard of till now- thanks for the intro, Shelly)

This was done in response to a call for entries into a "poetry swap" hosted by L K Ludwig . Basically Nov 19 is to be "A day of sharing words". Choose words that move you, add an image & link to here . More detailed instructions at gryphonsfeather.typepad.com. Here is the list of participants. Take a few minutes & enjoy their wonderful words & inspiring images.

Last week we played hooky at the beach. This is my son having a wonderful day! He is at that amazing age when EVERYTHING is new & interesting. So many questions & so much fun!
On the drive home, the full moon was rising before us as the sun was setting behind us

Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Thank YOU, Stacey, for sharing that beautiful photo of your son. A moment in time to be cherished always. Your poem choice is great, too. Had not heard it until now.
    Thanks for stopping by and many, many thanks for the lovely comments both here and on my blog. (*blushing*)
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, What a memorable photo. Frankie is adorable ( takes after his Mom I am sure) Love the sky shot. The night sky always holds a treasure for me.
    Take good care,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo of your son. And I so enjoyed the poems. I also joined in the Day of Sharing. You are right. Truly inspirational words are now flowing within me.
    Thanks and hugs
    SueAnn
    http://wwwsueann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete